Monday, March 14, 2016

What is the real last frontier?

         So far I have talked about challenging myself in just one was how much I have been reading, and on that front I have been doing very well I have read 2 books in just 3 weeks much more than my usual.  Now that I have made good amounts of progress there I am going to start challenging myself with the difficulty and genre of books be it books that are interesting to me but take too long to get started to help me be more patient or books that have more complex thoughts and words in them I want to start  doing this so that going further in my classes it will be easier to learn on their more advanced materials.

         Recently I have finished a book called Armada I found it to be a very good book, it's about a boy named Zachary who gets a chance to live his life's biggest fantasy when he gets recruited to join a military society in a game he plays that is actually a simulator for controlling drones that earth intends to use to defend itself from an oncoming alien invasion.  Later on in the book you discover that the entire invasion was just a test from a highly intelligent group of alien species to determine if the human species was worthy of joining their group, and the only way to do this is to show that humans can ignore their barbaric instincts and use logic in the face of an unbeatable threat.  One thing that I would like to know is that if the humans never attacked the aliens how long would it have been until they invaded on their own because in the book the only reason the invasion started was because we attempted to destroy the aliens home, but if we never did that would they have waited for some other kind of proof that we have peace in us or just kept us in a arms race until we became smart enough to figure out their scheme and learn of them that way. I also noticed that even though near the end the author leads the reader to believe that the entire conflict started because Nixon sent a nuke to destroy the moon that the aliens were believed to inhabit, but the alien ambassador said that they were going to threaten to kill humanity no matter what we did it would be nice to know if that would have gone any differently if we hadn't attacked them right after we found them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment